PDA

View Full Version : Public Information Records

Gingham Kitchen
28-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Public Information (http://public-info.co.uk/) are putting out some interesting stuff at the moment, currently switching between reissues and new music.

Their first release this year was a hugely overdue F.C Judd retrospective (ltd vinyl) and they've just released a limited edition 12" by Bristol based Ekoplekz. The interesting thing is how closely aligned sonically the two releases are, despite being nearly fifty years apart. Ekoplekz aren't just Radiophonic copyists, however, they have a doomy sound of their own, sort of Ghost Box with added techno.

If you like weird electronics with your music (and if you don't, you should definitely reconsider) this is one to watch, I think.

Ian Townsend
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Interesting stuff and this has set me thinking.... (sometimes a bad thing I know)

Forums traditionally hate 'spamming,' and there's always that underlying thing about 'Don't post here until you've contributed to the board.

What about if forumusic went around that by having a specific separate forum section for current independent labels like these? I mean, these labels, particularly the ones doing vinyl releases, are actually keeping the flame going.

If forumusic had a whole separate section specifically for new / smaller labels to post links, their latest releases etc etc ..those labels wouldn't have to worry about being growled at for advertising what they do, and Forumusic members could embrace / ignore at their leisure.

What do you think? Good or bad? Members doing one-off releases on their own labels would also have a platform; I'm thinking here of folks like Kris Holmes, Effi Deep...why should they go kind of apologetically onto a forum to advertise what they've done when it's actually central to what a music forum should be about?

Gingham Kitchen
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Sounds good to me, new music is probably the area I'm least comfortable about and a lot of that is simply not knowing what's out there.

Col Wolfe
05-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Interesting stuff and this has set me thinking.... (sometimes a bad thing I know)

Forums traditionally hate 'spamming,' and there's always that underlying thing about 'Don't post here until you've contributed to the board.

What about if forumusic went around that by having a specific separate forum section for current independent labels like these? I mean, these labels, particularly the ones doing vinyl releases, are actually keeping the flame going.

If forumusic had a whole separate section specifically for new / smaller labels to post links, their latest releases etc etc ..those labels wouldn't have to worry about being growled at for advertising what they do, and Forumusic members could embrace / ignore at their leisure.

What do you think? Good or bad? Members doing one-off releases on their own labels would also have a platform; I'm thinking here of folks like Kris Holmes, Effi Deep...why should they go kind of apologetically onto a forum to advertise what they've done when it's actually central to what a music forum should be about?

there is already a suitable area for shedding wares: HERE (http://www.forumusic.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-Sales-amp-Trades) :cool:

Ian Townsend
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
there is already a suitable area for shedding wares: HERE (http://www.forumusic.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?5-Sales-amp-Trades) :cool:

Now y'see, I see that as a completely different entity.

I kind of envisage a subforum where people can heads-up new labels and releases, or labels themselves could post up what they're about. The threads would automatically bump to the top when they had a new release to shout about or if someone else thought their releases were worth shouting about.

In a separate forum any members with an 'I don't want to be Spammed by new releases' issue just doesn't need to click on it they same way they wouldn't click on the Set sales if they're short of cash.

Let's at least have a decent row about it ferchrissakes...

Col Wolfe
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Well I see it as 'stuff for sale'

so it should just go in the either the 'online shop' bit if the seller has such a thing or in the 'set sales' thing if the seller doesn't

having too many subforums is annoying

streamline baby, streamline

Ian Townsend
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Well I see it as 'stuff for sale'

so it should just go in the either the 'online shop' bit if the seller has such a thing or in the 'set sales' thing if the seller doesn't

having too many subforums is annoying

streamline baby, streamline

Completely missed the words.. online shop.. over in the trades / sales forum.

Well done.:)

Col Wolfe
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
how did that weird tag come about? >>> http://www.forumusic.co.uk/forum/images/misc/tag.png

Ian Townsend
06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Nice! And it says things when you hover over it you ol' forum-meister dog you streamline baby.
Need a tag for 'talking crap' now to attach to my threads.

Ian Townsend
06-03-2012, 08:33 PM
And while you're being clever could you make the threads longer? They go to 10 replies only at the moment before going to the next page. Any chance of tweaking them all to run for 20?

Col Wolfe
06-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeah will do the twenty thing but I didn't do that tag thing

I'm sirius

Peter Sundae
17-03-2012, 08:18 AM
How about a new thread for moderators PM conversations :D

Gingham Kitchen
17-03-2012, 03:01 PM
We already have one. You can't see it. ;D

Peter Sundae
20-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Can i join your alliance ?:p

Gingham Kitchen
20-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Depends on whether you're going to go all Colonel Kurtz on us.;)

eruditio
28-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Library fans might be interested in the latest Public Information release. They've just put out (October 15th) a selection of 25 tracks from the Canadian based Parry record label.

Vinyl is limited (http://public-info.co.uk/various-artists-tomorrow’s-achievements-parry-music-library-1976-86/) but there may be some still around.

auxillary_output
29-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Library fans might be interested in the latest Public Information release. They've just put out (October 15th) a selection of 25 tracks from the Canadian based Parry record label.

Vinyl is limited (http://public-info.co.uk/various-artists-tomorrow’s-achievements-parry-music-library-1976-86/) but there may be some still around.
Thanks. Discogs is carrying a few and they're still at a reasonable price.