PDA

View Full Version : Hemsby 48

M.O.T.
15-02-2012, 10:57 PM
anyone else going to the next Hemsby weekender in May? Gene Summers lined up!

http://www.hemsbyrocknroll.co.uk/images/H48-front.jpg

Sean_Beat
16-02-2012, 10:46 PM
the sounds are a little early for me to be honest although I do like like some rockin' sounds

I have heard there are an awful lot of records on sale there

do they have a fair as such?

best, Sean

Ian Townsend
19-02-2012, 09:31 PM

best, Sean
I can't answer for definite Sean as I only went to the Car Cruise in Yarmouth to have an afternoon out with my camera and the Cruise is an out of Hemsby, open to the public affair. Col informed me that they used to have really good record fairs there, not just limited to Rock n'Roll records either, and you could just go along to them without having to pay in.

Apparently it's all a little tighter on the security front now and the Record Fairs are only for people who've paid to be at the Weekend or part of the Weekend. I'll contact a couple of people I met there and see if I can get you a definitive answer.

M.O.T.
20-02-2012, 09:55 AM
the sounds are a little early for me to be honest although I do like like some rockin' sounds

best, Sean

I don't know myself Sean as this will be my first Hemsby but have been saving for 9 months so I hope there are plently of records there!

Col Wolfe
21-02-2012, 07:17 PM
in the past, anyone could walk onto the site and there are loads of stalls selling loads of vinyl, clothes, homeware, ephemera etc etc. some dealers bring their own marquees and I mean BIG marquees.

nowadays there is tighter security and you don't have much chance of getting on site if you haven't got a wristband.

saying that, many of the shopfronts between the holiday camps and the beach are rented out so there is still plenty of junk to shift through. I still don't understand why I left a copy of Poets 'Wooden Spoon' for £30. maybe the way it was stuck to the wall with drawing pins put me off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/Colsta/fm/50msp.jpg

Sean_Beat
04-03-2012, 04:58 PM
hmmm a bit far for me to travel to reisk being turned away I think!

best, Sean

jackgeech
17-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Great Hemsby photos. :cool:
If your heading there again this year get in touch and I can sort you a pass for some of the events on site.

M.O.T.
17-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Great Hemsby photos. :cool:
If your heading there again this year get in touch and I can sort you a pass for some of the events on site.

Thats a cool move jg. I'm already paid up for the full weekend. Less than a month now. See you there!

C ♫ ♪ ♫

M.O.T.
02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Not long to go now!

Fancy meeting for a pint Mr Geech?

C ♫ ♪ ♫

jackgeech
02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Not long to go now!

Fancy meeting for a pint Mr Geech?

C ♫ ♪ ♫
Sounds good to me. I've just sent you a message.

M.O.T.
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM
:cool: