PDA

View Full Version : BBC 4 : Petula Clark / Sat: Pop Charts Britannia /Sun: The Joy Of The Single

Ian Townsend
11-01-2013, 11:57 AM
BBC Four has a documentary on Petula Clark tonight at 11.15 followed by The Sounds Of Petula Clark

Saturday 11pm: Pop Charts Brittania doc about the British singles chart 1952 to the present.

Sunday 1.30am: The Joy Of The Single doc about 7 inch records oddly enough. Jimmy Webb's in it so that's a definite to record and watch.:cool:

treeboy
11-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Sunday's the one for me. Will be at Luton Record Fair most of the day. Just noticed it's 1.30 am! Thank heavens for catch up TV

Col Wolfe
11-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I was impressed with the amount of decent reggae at the November Luton meet

treeboy
11-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Was that the guy that bought the president stock up?

Col Wolfe
11-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Was that the guy that bought the president stock up?

He was but he went home poorly and left a chap on the neighbouring stall in charge.

First time I've ever had decent money knocked off his stock :D

treeboy
11-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Nice one....what did you put in his tea to make him poorly;)

Col Wolfe
11-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Nice one....what did you put in his tea to make him poorly;)

:D

Derek had a nice copy of 'Bring It To Jerome' for £75, which was a pretty good price, I think.

treeboy
12-01-2013, 08:00 AM
If that's the David John version, that's a steal! Last year one of the old boys there had a pristine copy of Hurry on Sundown on Liberty. He wanted £150. Beyond my means really. Two weeks later, it must have been the same copy, flew out of Ebay at £280! I just don't have the dough in the first place to get into those sort of games, but , as with the David John 45, it just goes to show, there's still gold in them there hills. I like Luton, always come back with at least one killer. Not normally what I'm looking for either.:)

treeboy
14-01-2013, 08:39 PM
The Joy of the Single was a great watch. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Does Mr Hawley really live in a house of jukeboxes? Sometimes those talking heads things get on my nerves a bit, but there was a continuity which ran through the programme which had me longing for those days when the place to meet was Startime Records in Harlow on a Saturday morning. I suppose it's here now!

Ian Townsend
16-01-2013, 10:21 PM
The Joy of the Single was a great watch. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Does Mr Hawley really live in a house of jukeboxes? Sometimes those talking heads things get on my nerves a bit, but there was a continuity which ran through the programme which had me longing for those days when the place to meet was Startime Records in Harlow on a Saturday morning. I suppose it's here now!

I thoroughly enjoyed it too, particularly the contributions from Graham Gouldman and Jimmy Webb. Norah 'I don't buy singles' Jones was an odd insert but apart from that I thought it was an entertaining watch.