PDA

View Full Version : 90s Boots: Part 3: 1995: The Gentle Reign of Nuggets: Direct link

Ian Townsend
01-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Hey ho. Que sera etc...

It's on the server but I'm not certain it's all linking to the menu bars properly yet.
Try accessing directly here (http://www.forumusic.co.uk/l_b_b_part_three_1995.html)

I'll have a fiddle and get it all up properly tomorrow evening.... ( fnarrrrr)
:)

mr sayers
02-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Another great update/article Ian, I love those bootlegs, I grew up on them!:cool:

Ian Townsend
02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Glad you're enjoying them Craig. :)

I hope the 1996 article will be finished a little faster. There'll be an offshoot article about the glut of EZ and Library comps that appeared from 1995 onwards following the massive success of the Sound Gallery lp.

There were so many 'pure' library and 'pure' EZ comps that they really need their own section. Plus some of them were legal!

The 90s boot articles will continue to focus on the dodgy comps that mixed genres up. There are plenty more to come.

mr sayers
02-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Nice one, I can't wait....

ironheadrat
03-07-2012, 09:52 AM
The Gentle Reign of Nuggets

I see what you did there;)

Great stuff. I wish I'd bought more of those at the time, but I was heavy on the latin by then. And mostly skint.

I think I had one of the Digging Deeper comps, and it featured in the one of the most horrific experiences of my life - going into the living toom to find my three-year old grinning and shuffling about on the tiles on two vinyl 'skates', one of which was the bootleg , the other of which was Tito Puentes Big Band lp.
Up there with the time a girlfriend smashed Mandrill's Fencewalk 45 over my head.
:eek:

sourcerer
03-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I think I had one of the Digging Deeper comps, and it featured in the one of the most horrific experiences of my life - going into the living toom to find my three-year old grinning and shuffling about on the tiles on two vinyl 'skates', one of which was the bootleg , the other of which was Tito Puentes Big Band lp.
Up there with the time a girlfriend smashed Mandrill's Fencewalk 45 over my head.
:eek:

Ouch! :D

A very enjoyable read. I'm going to revisit a few of these. Enjoyed the Phase 4 too. Keep it coming!

Ian Townsend
03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Cheers for the kind words. :)
I'm hoping to get to the final article, Part 7 covering 1999 and onwards, by the end of the year.... fingers crossed!

llmod1
05-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Really enjoying these updates Ian. Loads of happy memories. I eventually got rid of around half my boots but kept the Nuggets. Think I just sold an LP on Discogs to the original compiler of the series! Could be wrong though!

ceemillar
09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Enjoyingthe articles here too. I had a couple of the ones youve shown but mainly bought the soul ones like the raw series and have kept a couple of them. I cant remember now if these came out before or after lps like Move into Soul. That was a great series of lps that focused on little label stuff from America. Im not sure if they were legal and i think they only came out in the UK.