PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself.....

Ian Townsend
06-02-2012, 10:48 PM
If you are new to this forum please introduce yourself here.

Thank you.

Gingham Kitchen
07-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Shall I start?

On the interweb I'm Gingham Kitchen and I'm also Unmann-Wittering (see blogs in signature), but my Mum calls me Paul. I just like music - and I like records with music on them, especially the little ones. The last record I bought and when? It was 'I Wonder What Will Happen' by Carol Woods, the day before yesterday. :)

I shall also be moderating on this here forum, so watch it...

Jahshabby
07-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Hello it's me, your Barney, I've come home. And I'm so cold…

Alright chaps? Good work, though I feel like I've turned up a bit early. Shall I put some records on? Actually, I've only got a tape on me... Jean Rollin soundtracks anyone? I like records with big drums, heavy guitars and, quite often, flutes. I also like modern abstract electronic nonsense and droney old shit. Sometimes I see fit to combine the two to truly hideous effect.

Good to see that the mods have seen fit to give Paul a proper job. ;)

Wow, these emoticons are going to take some getting used to...

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Most of you will know me as I post on VG+ under the same name.

My name is Craig, I'm from Newcastle. I have been buying records since 1987, and I probably own too many, but that never stops me from buying more!:o

I occasionally play out, I do a night called 'Fuzzy warbles' at the Tanners in Newcastle which Ive been doing for 8 or 9 years, we have a very open music policy and any fellow posters are more than welcome to come up and spin.

WHY1000
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I am new to this forum; I buy music and post as Y1000 on YG+. I have been interested in records for a long time and I love them. Offline I am called Danny.

LDJB
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Afternoon Chaps.

I think i know you all from VG+!!??

I like records too and playing them to people. I've been doing this for a long time now.

I'm really called Lee and I live in Edinburgh.

vinylism
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Wotcha! Decided to keep the same name, although I'm called Darren by people who see me face to face (usually anyway). I think I've met most of the first generation VG+ers, but for everyone else = I used to write about music for a semi-profession but gave it up when I realised nothing new's been written in 100's of years. Like everyone else, I obsess over music, specifically records, having been buying them for far too long. I'm possibly in the minority as I like / buy new records, too, and also admit to liking house, soul and disco alongside the usual weird stuff.

Nice site, Ian, btw!

Stan
07-02-2012, 01:27 PM
D7 Bohs in 'the other place' - a name picked in haste, because my normal internet alias was taken. So, I'm just going to use my actual name here and see how that goes.....

eclipsechaser
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi I'm eclipsechaser but you knew that didnt you! :D:p;):)

Well done chaps liking the new site and admiring the ideas!

Oh and i think only 4 smilies at once is going to be a bit limiting!

moogaloo
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I am moogaloo, Chris in real life, I collect records and eat cheese, good luck with the site, it has already made me buy more records, but my cheese consumption has remained constant

TuckinFrat
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
hi im chris aka nosoul, great site er please can i post in the sales section now ;]

Little Jimmy Oddman
07-02-2012, 02:47 PM
This seems slightly surreal given the fact we're all currently posters at the other place (and I've met 7 of the 11 who have introduced themselves so far) but:

Jim Oddman, nice to meet you.

A fun site forumusic people.

Highland Doom
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Hello,

A lot of fellow travellers here!

I'm Highland Cow on VG+ and Dr Doom on 45cat.

A fan of Spoke and this website is looking pretty nifty already too.

Campag Record
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi, I'm Nige and thought about using a new user name but decided not to.

I like records (and cycling). I very much like the look of this site.

double shot
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello people. I use the same name on VG+. Paul here, born in Chelmsford, living in Kansas. The site looks great guys, looking forward to future developments.

ironheadrat
07-02-2012, 04:20 PM
i AM THE IRONHEAD RAT!
aka babycart aka shaun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPERQJPSzMM

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 04:33 PM
^ How did you manage post a Youtube clip like that, I failed miserably when I tried!:confused:

Like the new name BTW mate.:D

Campag Record
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I have uploaded an avatar and although the pic is showing in my profile it obviously isn't showing up against my name in a thread? I've kept the image below 100 x 100 :confused:

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I have uploaded an avatar and although the pic is showing in my profile it obviously isn't showing up against my name in a thread? I've kept the image below 100 x 100 :confused:

If you haven't managed, Ive got bugger all chance Nige mate, I couldn't even suss out how to work the Youtube clips!:(

ironheadrat
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
^ How did you manage post a Youtube clip like that, I failed miserably when I tried!:confused:

Like the new name BTW mate.:D

Click on the video icon that says 'insert video' above. Then paste your link in.

Easy! Easier than posting five smileys anyway.

You have included a total of 11 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 4. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Click on the video icon that says 'insert video' above. Then paste your link in.

Easy! Easier than posting five smileys anyway.

You have included a total of 11 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 4. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

I must be a right useless bugger as Ive just edited my post and used that icon (It is the one that look like a negative?:confused:) and it didn't work!:(

And now the link doesn't even work.

EDIT Phew...Finally sorted it out, I now feel like a computer wizard!!!!

Lawrence of Euphoria
07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Tom B present & correct. Bit echoey in here, isn't it? Love the new digs Ian Col & Andy.

So when's the next forumusic CD swap?

Campag Record
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
If you haven't managed, Ive got bugger all chance Nige mate, I couldn't even suss out how to work the Youtube clips!:(

Same system as DWG on the youtube posting...a doddle, as confirmed by Ironheadrat.

Gingham Kitchen
07-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I wish someone would say something controversial so I can try out my new moderator powers. Where's Brass Monkey when you need him?

Gingham Kitchen
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
PS Please don't say anything controversial.

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
PS Please don't say anything controversial.

I'm sure Wallace will be along in a while for you mate!;)

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Same system as DWG on the youtube posting...a doddle, as confirmed by Ironheadrat.

Sorted there now Nige mate, I was trying to do it like on 'Electro empire'!

SieFly
07-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Leo,Morecambe - too many records - not enough life

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
too many records - not enough life

Great quote right there Sie mate!;)

Mr Munch
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Another VV/VG+ er on board. I am Mr Muench on the other place, but I've made like a raver in the 90s and dropped an "e".. Loving the site and now I have another place to not post very much.. :D

Now to find a picture of a Hammond organ for an avatar... or maybe ill try a different type of organ this time...

Col Wolfe
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
fave records: soul/beat/sike/reggae/odd 45s and library LPs
fave transport: Italian Lambrettas
fave football club: ITFC
fave website: www.45cat.com (http://www.45cat.com)
fave curry: dhansak
That's me, that is.

Visions of Tomato Egg & Lettuce
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Hello,

I am the Vamp-Of-The-Ego-Lounge. I was going to be Visions-of-Tomato-Egg&Lettuce, but I ran out of characters.
The Vamp refers to posting mostly at night, I hear that most the freaks come out then:p
The EGO is the psychological matter of us all being different (differently wierd or obsessed!!) and the lounge is 'cause this is a nice front room to do that.

Amongst other things I am into Cold Chillin', beer and the music of Herman Poole Blount.

I like this record, but can also dance to most sorts of groovy sounds;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlv8JqzHs0&feature=related
I attempt to look fly.

I look forward to cementing my nerdiness even more with the help of this wonderful looking site and forum.

Col Wolfe
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM

if you clickon 'settings' at the top right of this page, it will take you to a page which has a column on the left-hand side.

here you can add both a profile pic and an avatar (which is what you want!) and a signature blahblahblah :D these smilies are shit

Col Wolfe
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi I'm eclipsechaser but you knew that didnt you! :D:p;):)

Well done chaps liking the new site and admiring the ideas!

Oh and i think only 4 smilies at once is going to be a bit limiting!

try it again!

:D:cool::eek::o:eek::rolleyes:

Benjamin Hatton
07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Yo.
Yet another VG+ member here...howdy.

olsun
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm Olsun / Etienne, from Paris. Probably won't be the biggest poster because of my level of english, but i'm really enjoying forums like these.
I'm running this site sixtonarmor.com with a friend, that's podcasts of psych music by various people, and sometimes we make some releases too. Come check it anytime.

Thanks to the people here for bringing my attention to Craig Douglas' Don't Mind If I Cry and Scott McKenzie's Look In Your Eyes. Can't get tired of both.
Oh, and that Sam Fletcher 45 is one of my all time favorite soul record too!

Ash Ra
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
In real life i'm known as Ashley but, like the Vamp I am also a fan of Herman P Blunt, hence the nickname (which is by pure coincidence the same as some German dudes) - I mainly like music of the eccentric / balls-out / self-indulgent variety, with bonus marks if there is some sort of synthesizer involved. I loosely term this music 'party prog'.

M.O.T.
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Eyup.
I'm Colin and I like hotrods and rockabilly and fell head over heals in love with that Shirley Bates record Spoke put out last year.
You should have a car/bike area.
Regards, C ♫ ♪ ♫

Campag Record
07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
if you clickon 'settings' at the top right of this page, it will take you to a page which has a column on the left-hand side.

here you can add both a profile pic and an avatar (which is what you want!) and a signature blahblahblah :D these smilies are shit

Cheers Col, I was being a div and used the profile pic option rather than the avatar option :o

mr sayers
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Cheers Col, I was being a div and used the profile pic option rather than the avatar option :o

Now that you've got it sussed you can help me next time your round mine Nige mate.:cool:

Jahshabby
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM

I swear blind that there was no avatar option earlier. Either that or I made a mistake. You tell me, which is really more likely?

Actually on second thoughts…

Col Wolfe
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
I swear blind that there was no avatar option earlier. Either that or I made a mistake. You tell me, which is really more likely?

Actually on second thoughts…

maybe the div admin didn't click the correct box

maybe

just maybe

http://www.topangafilmfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/dunce-300x300.jpg

Peter Sundae
07-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Julian Smith- I collect records and run a record shop called Second Scene in Watford

It's like moving into a new house with white walls and no furniture round here.

Fixed.

Congratulations on the new forum by the way.:cool:

Jamie
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi. I'm sergioparadise on VG+. Using my real name on here. So there.

Ian Townsend
07-02-2012, 11:21 PM

Question: Is that Brandi????

Answer: Yeeeeeaaaaaauuuuuup!

Carlos
07-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Hi. I'm sergioparadise on VG+. Using my real name on here. So there.

Same here. I am Carlitos in VG+ but I am using my real name here. Guess you never had guessed.

e3sa934
08-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Jon here, lured over from VG+ by the superb content on the forumusic main site

left hand corner
08-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Hello.

My name is Dean.

I like music.

left hand corner
08-02-2012, 11:00 AM
and I hope I will do more than just lurk.....

jonny quest
09-02-2012, 05:51 AM
Hello, i'm John from NYC, also known as qcboy62 on vg+.

llmod1
09-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Mark here from VG+ and occasionally Soulstrut and Waxidermy!

Curator/ creator of the Brillo meets which has been running close to 10 years now. I'm sure I'll be spamming this board on a monthly basis trying to persuade new faces to come down and spin some discs.

Rabid collector of anything and everything ( was called the Hoover recently by a member of the VG+ forum which almost tempted me to choose the name Dyson on here!)

Looking forward to meeting some new people, hearing about new tunes and selling some spares that I've hoovered up!

aich69
09-02-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm aich69...Henry in real life. Friend to the stars, well I know Ian Townsend if that counts? I don't collect records anymore, it's all gone digital for me, but I love music..all of it! except the ones I don't like. I do IT stuff and I make those things you see on the internet...er...websites, that's it. I love Ian...I make no bones about it...he's my vinyl collecting hero...there, it's out in the open! In real life I prefer my wife, she's a better cook.

Nice to meet you all :D

Ian Townsend
09-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Ahhh... glad you made it Aich. I love your wife too. Now see? I should be able to put a shocked face there, followed by a stick out tongue, big grin and a wink.

Welcome all and a big thanks for stopping by, signing up and saying Hello. Toxoplasma gondii is a little parasite that causes rats to run towards the smell of cats so the cat eats the rat and the parasite gets home to the cat intestine where it can reproduce. I have a mutation of this which draws me to people who love music. I'm a vinyl lightweight compared to everyone here.

Please use this message board in any way you choose. Read, enjoy, buy, sell or lurk...

Thanks again for stopping by and especially big thanks to members who've got stuck in and started threads, set sales, BINs etc...

SieFly
09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
AVATAR - how do i get one...:confused:

LDJB
09-02-2012, 09:08 PM
AVATAR - how do i get one...:confused:

Sie - go in 'settings' and choose 'edit avatar' - you can upload one from there. Worked OK for me.

admcc77
10-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Im Adrian, I post at the other place, under the same dull name.. Live in Brighton but have never been to a Brighton brillo... (or a London one or that matter, which I should resolve at some point). I like blues, soul, jazz, r'n'b, easy funk and mod rubbish like everyone else...

The last record I bought Tommy Flander's Moonstone LP, and I like it a lot :)

lewistown
10-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm lewistown, lewistown64 over on VG+ or in the real world Col. My format of choice is the 45, though I will buy other sizes.

sardoz
13-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Well hello there!
I'm sara and I don't usually get involved with forums, so excuse me if I cross any courtesy boundaries :o
I'm a fan of horror scores especially Dario Argento films.
I found this forum via Spoke Records who released the Frog Psychomania themes.
Hope to contribute in any way I can and look forward to reading the forum and main site on my lunch breaks.
Would love to see a feature on horror soundtracks! Any other horror collectors here who are good with words? ;)
Sx

Heatwave
13-02-2012, 05:10 PM
This is the very first forum we (Heatwave (http://www.heatwave.n.nu)) have ever been on ... 'mmm, feels good!

The very first (and last) record we ever played on was 'Sister Simon' b/w 'Rastus Ravel' ~ released 16th October 1970 ... both sides of which were ever-so kindly played (42 years later) by Paul Stiles on his Radio Seagull (http://www.radioseagull.com) Midweek Madness 25th January 2012 show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM9vok9QwS4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scSQvoI05Og

Sean_Beat
13-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Sean Farley here from Porthcawl (but currently in Hull).

I love 45s of the 7" variety and will also buy LPs if needs must.

My fave musical years are 1958 to 1970 but I also collect 'mod' and 'ska' records from the singular year of 1982. This may sound odd but it's the year of my birth so use it to collate a side project to my usual collection :D

Cheers Sean.

Ian Townsend
14-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Well hello there!
I'm sara and I don't usually get involved with forums, so excuse me if I cross any courtesy boundaries :o
I'm a fan of horror scores especially Dario Argento films.
I found this forum via Spoke Records who released the Frog Psychomania themes.
Hope to contribute in any way I can and look forward to reading the forum and main site on my lunch breaks.
Would love to see a feature on horror soundtracks! Any other horror collectors here who are good with words? ;)
Sx
Thanks for stopping by.
A feature on horror soundtracks would be great. Keep your eyes peeled for the April update on the main forumusic page as there's definitely a horror-related article included. A bit oddball and not soundtrack focussed, but horror-related nonetheless. :rolleyes:

Ian Townsend
14-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Sean Farley here from Porthcawl (but currently in Hull).

I love 45s of the 7" variety and will also buy LPs if needs must.

My fave musical years are 1958 to 1970 but I also collect 'mod' and 'ska' records from the singular year of 1982. This may sound odd but it's the year of my birth so use it to collate a side project to my usual collection :D

Cheers Sean.

Welcome aboard Sean!
Check your pms Sir.

Cheers

AlanP
14-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Howdy, Alan Perrott here from somewhere past the black stump - AlanP is a lame rehash of our indigenous soft drink, L&P. I guess you had to be there...
Anyway, I got into records as a small chap. I could spend hours lining up the same old half dozen 45s on my parents records stacker and watch them drop down one by one and hiss and skip their way to the end. If I could I'd have that scene on cinstant rotate as my screen saver.
Bought my first record in 1978 and aside from a brief period of dispair during the 90s when they went all floppy and horrible, haven't stopped.
Played drums for a while until we decided it was time to get jobs and have been working in journalism since since 1995. Still skint.
I stumbled across VG+ a while back and have hungrily dredged it for music ever since. I blame/ thank it for my ongoing charity shop obsession, and expect much the same but more so from this place.
And congrats on Spoke. Looking forward to ordering the third instalment.
Right, back to work.

Sean_Beat
16-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Welcome aboard Sean!
Check your pms Sir.

Cheers

Thanks!

have responded via PM

best, Sean

DRSMITH
17-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Hey Dr Smith here. Known to a few from the other place. I'm an illustrator (http://raysmith.bz) and run the Cosmic Slop (http://www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/) nights with Pat Long and The Judge.

MPFlapp
19-02-2012, 04:08 PM
MP Flapp from VG+

Buy records and enjoy a light ale or two... this seaons music of choice is psych-ish folk with tickle of prog... goes with seasons libation of choice double IPA

Jamo
23-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey!

I'm Jamo, it's what my mates call me.

I like 45's and Dundee United. I have shunned collecting LPs for a long time and only now starting to dwelve as I kind of felt left out.

I live in Glasgow and help organise 'Double Sight', the Psych and Garage Weekender. I also do some stuff in the CCA in Glasgow and always happy to let fellow record nuts join me for a spin if your in town.

d-cee
27-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Greetings all.. Davey here, obviously know some of you personally, some by name via VG Plus and a couple of names on here that I'm yet to natter with.. anyway, great work with the sight, good luck with it all and I hope I can contribute here and there too...

reza
27-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Hi to all, vg plusser, long time waxi member, likes, mostly jazz, eastern music and some old hippie stuff because of my age lol

Gary

Ian Townsend
27-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Some very familiar names and it's great to see so many here from both VG+ and Waxidermy. Welcome all and please feel free to use this forum in any way you choose. If you enjoy joining in on any chat / threads / ideas that take your fancy please do so.:)

You may from time to time get PM's from us as we're planning to put together some website pages featuring contributions from members. Feel free to ignore them completely if you prefer just lurking here or checking in occasionally to see what's in the Set Sales thread! We won't be offended.

We've left the Set Sales section open to non-members too out of respect to forumusic members taking the time and trouble to post set sales and wanting to reach as wide an audience as possible.

Thanks for stopping by.:)

Ian Townsend
27-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey Dr Smith here. Known to a few from the other place. I'm an illustrator (http://raysmith.bz) and run the Cosmic Slop (http://www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/) nights with Pat Long and The Judge.
Whoah! I've just checked out your illustrations Dr Smith. Lovely work. :cool:

PM'd.

niglin66
28-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Hello, niglin66 here but my real name is nigel. I collect records....a lot, and i play them indoors and out. I also play drums with some enthusiasm, and once made a right old racket with some guy called colin, who had a lovely bass guitar!
I am bigoted, opinionated and like the sound of my own voice when it comes to music. I judge people by their record collection and have utmost respect for people who purchase music they actually like. Thats why i have joined this forum, as it seems to contain like minded souls!!

johnnycasual
29-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello folks! Johnny Casual or JP here from VG+. I met a few of you at the Leeds Brillo and then at the next days record fair I organised. Big into collecting records of the Freakbeat/Psych/Glam kind.

galtee mountain casual
29-02-2012, 11:35 AM
The Galtee Mountain Casual here , been collecting 45's for 30+ years and somehow managed to avoid having a decent collection?!

Currently scratching a few quid teaching guitar having had a small indie shop over here that went the way of most.

Would DJ at the opening of an envelope but rural Ireland doesn't seem ready yet for a set of scratchy old tunes such as 'spunky onions' so once a month I head into the big city of Cork to put on a night called under a plastic cloud.

These forums remind me I'm not the only one........

Leeroy
29-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Ey up all!!

Leeroy from...... you guessed it VG+!!!

Real name Lee (as if you couldnt guess that!!) from Manchester. I collect all sorts of records, as long as they are good, well some are not so good. errr. So basically I collect records.

Used to DJ around Manc - at the Font bar for under the Family Gathering moniker.

Now-a-days I do the odd Dj night at friends nights and generally annoy my girlfriend by taking over the spare room with records.

Nice place you've got here I will try and contribute as much as I can.

Ian Townsend
29-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome gents! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Col Wolfe
29-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Hello, niglin66 here but my real name is nigel. I collect records....a lot, and i play them indoors and out. I also play drums with some enthusiasm, and once made a right old racket with some guy called colin, who had a lovely bass guitar!
I am bigoted, opinionated and like the sound of my own voice when it comes to music. I judge people by their record collection and have utmost respect for people who purchase music they actually like. Thats why i have joined this forum, as it seems to contain like minded souls!!

Nice to see you here mate. Want to play some records out again? Spoilt Broth is coming back to Naaaaridge soon and would love to have you on the roster again.

Runswick
02-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Hello. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the website over the past two evenings. Some things I know about and quite a few things I didn't have a clue existed. I shall look forward to reading more articles here. I'm retired from music as a profession but love reading websites like this to keep up with the past if that make sense?

I can probably chip in here and there and I think I have a Phase 4 4 you haven't featured.

DiggingTheSlowness
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi!

Jens here, wickerman on VG+ laplanetesauvage on some other forums but nowadays most use DiggingTheSlowness

Big fan of the 45s but buy the big records on occasion, mainly into psych and garage but also likes all kinds of music.

Run a monthly club here in Stockholm, Sweden called CUL DE SAC which is on its 7th year (with a few pauses while my partner in crime is living abroad)
We play groovy music , mainly from the 60s and 70s, from all over the world!

Site is looking good, looking forward to more articles!

As you VG+ers probably guess I will be an active user of the SET SALE part of this forum

Martindl
06-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Hi all,
Martin here. Mainly on Waxidermy and very occasionally on VG+ (covmart or martindl, can't remember which). Big fan of Spoke and proud owner of one of Ian's mixes. Originally from Coventry, moved to the States 30 years ago at 22. Been in Atlanta for most of that time. Musical interests are all over board. Primarily a 45 man, but will buy anything that looks interesting i.e. more a stockpiler than a focused collector. I miss black pudding and pork pies.
atb

Jon T
14-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Ah good, forum is still here, haven't been able to get it to load for a few days.

I'm Jon from Brum and am wondering if the new Spoke release is ready to order yet?

Ian Townsend
14-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Jon and thanks for stopping by. The new Spoke is very near and we'll get news out on here and via email to Spoke customers as soon as it's available.

We're just sipping champagne celebrating our first forum crash. These things happen and we've already got an action plan in place for solving the problem a lot faster next time. Nothing like a learning curve for getting the pulse racing! :rolleyes:

Jon T
18-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Hi Jon and thanks for stopping by. The new Spoke is very near and we'll get news out on here and via email to Spoke customers as soon as it's available.

We're just sipping champagne celebrating our first forum crash. These things happen and we've already got an action plan in place for solving the problem a lot faster next time. Nothing like a learning curve for getting the pulse racing! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to it and so are a couple of my soulie mates who are surprised it hasn't been reissued before.

From my experience v.bulletin forums are one of the better ones and have decent support when the inevitable cockups occur.

Cheers, Jon

eruditio
22-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Hello. Andrew (Drew) here. I like the articles on the main site and will probably be able to contribute here and there in the same way I do on a number of other forums. I spend far too long reading about music on the internet on places like Pitchfork and The Quietus. Why do I have so many old records when there's so much good new stuff?

Cheers.

riverman66
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Hello, I'm Marcus Rivers. Some of you may know me from the now defunct Modculture forum and Soul-Source.
I love the main site features and will chip in where I can on the forum though I don't get online as much since a change of job!

cellardweller
23-05-2012, 08:24 AM
hello everyone.
i recognise a few folks from vg+ & many will recognise me.
friends know me as des. i've collected records since childhood, & in this lifetime, met many incredible, inspiring people involved in their production, promotion & preservation. so credit to all involved in the creativity here, & long live the obsession.

treeboy
15-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Hi people
I'm Paul from Harlow, got turned on to this site by a couple of friendly diggers I keep bumping into a various record fairs, usually Foxton. I like the friendly vibe on this site, and am amazed by the breadth and depth of knowledge by posters on this site, as well as their willingness to share it. I'm mostly into the psych side of things, and sadly can't walk past a charity shop without nipping in for a quick flick. Spend my days dangling from ropes in the treetops.

DeepDownHeavy
27-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Hello All. Like many of you I'm also on VG+ with the same username. Those I know in the real world call me Simon. I collect records (albums) that I (and sometimes only I) categorise as 'Heavy' as well as books and leather jackets. I'm trying to 'not' to collect horror soundtracks (not very successfully), film posters (moderate success), drum kits (space is helping me here) and flared trousers (largely failing). This is not a cry for help.

platerpus
16-11-2012, 07:27 PM
hello there. long time poster on the verygoodplus+ forum though stepped back some time ago due to a general break from record madness. recently noticed this forum and interested to see how it overlaps with the vg+ crew.

Ian Townsend
17-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi platerpus. I remember your username well from my own early days on VG+. I think there is very little overlap between VG+ and this forum, though there are plenty of mentions of VG+ on the main website articles and rightly so as it ( and Soul Strut / Waxidermy etc) occupies a significant position in web music history.

This forum has only been here since February 2012, is generally very quiet but has provided a few interesting threads / pointers. Its primary purposes are to keep comments about the Forumusic articles in one place and to be an immediate contact point for anyone who wants to correct, add or disagree with any Forumusic articles. Col, Andy and I think it's better to have this than those annoying little comments boxes on blogs.

We've all been a bit busy for the last three months but are still 100% committed to uploading as many articles about music collecting / sharing and the World Wide Web as we can to get a better picture of what happened from 1990 to 2010.

Cheers for signing up!