PDA

View Full Version : Earliest 90s boot or compilation to include a library track?

Ian Townsend
22-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Still furrowing deep down a very narrow path but I wonder if anyone knows of any proper library tracks that were included on compilations or boots before 1995.

I'm not talking here about library tracks included on OST compilations (i.e Shut It! The Sweeney), but where a library track has been included alongside soul, jazz, funk and latin tracks.

Diggin' Deeper 4 (1995) has The Seven Shadows - Watchful Eye and presumably the Salmon is Kenny Salmon? I think this is library (off to Google further now).

Celestial Soul (1995) has a bonus nugget by Gerald Leveque from Editions Montparnasse 2000.

After the 1995 EZ boom / The Sound Gallery / Decca's Sound Spectrum lp / it all goes library crazy of course.....

Any help appreciated. :)

sourcerer
27-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm almost certain there were some white label boots with library tracks on before 1995. I'll check later this week and get back to you.

Ian Townsend
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm almost certain there were some white label boots with library tracks on before 1995. I'll check later this week and get back to you.
Had another long Internet trawl tonight but still can't find any earlier 90 s boots with library tracks on. If you can find any S just get back to me.

LDJB
04-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Ian - forgive me if I'm splitting hairs here but Nugget of Funk 2 has the Mohawks - beat me til I'm blue on it. This is originally from the KPM big beat lp, although the Pama version has horns overdubbed on it. I havent heard the boot so I don't know which version is used?

Ian Townsend
05-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Ian - forgive me if I'm splitting hairs here but Nugget of Funk 2 has the Mohawks - beat me til I'm blue on it. This is originally from the KPM big beat lp, although the Pama version has horns overdubbed on it. I havent heard the boot so I don't know which version is used?
So if it's minus the horns then it's an early library track?
Cheers Lee! :cool: Will spin it tonight to see which one it is.
Exactly the kind of info that helps build the bigger picture.
Much appreciated.

LDJB
05-07-2012, 03:11 PM
So if it's minus the horns then it's an early library track?

exactly