PDA

View Full Version : FIXED!!!: Forumusic Update: Fresh articles....

Ian Townsend
23-04-2012, 04:31 AM
...five of them...to kill an hour or so until VG+ comes back.

A fistful of fresh record pron for browsing, reading and ingesting. We're also archiving each Update page on the Home link to keep a lil' history in place and enable new readers to get up to speed with what the site is about.

Probably uploaded around 10pm but it may be earlier. You may have to refresh your browser, update your Favourites or whatever... I'd be more technical but in honesty it all bemuses me.

:rolleyes:

moogaloo
23-04-2012, 02:46 PM
....coming tonight!

A fistful of fresh record pron

I take you mean record p**n, unless pron is a new exciting thing that I have missed out on :-)

Looking forward to the new articles, keep up the good work :-)

Gingham Kitchen
23-04-2012, 04:52 PM
I take you mean record p**n, unless pron is a new exciting thing that I have missed out on :-)

Using the word p*** is the easiest way to attract a load of p*** spam, so it's best to avoid it. Right, I'm now off to shout 'Macbeth' in a local theatre.

Ian Townsend
23-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Ah well.....there's nothing like a learning curve. :rolleyes:

I've tried to upload the new index page and five new articles and it's all doing funny things. Clicking on budget beat sike I can get to a new collector, but even hose page is missing sound clips. I can also get to the dusty pile of 78s from there but not, for some reason, our lovely new pages on six ton armour and some other delights.

Apologies to people in those articles, but two words called 'OFSTED inspection' mean I can't do anything to fix anything until Thursday.

Sorry to all concerned.......:(

Lawrence of Euphoria
24-04-2012, 12:45 AM
I just found that by typing the web address in manually I got to this: http://www.forumusic.co.uk/boney_votel.html

Look forward to reading it! You could post up direct links to the relevant pages Ian, for all those VG+ refugees

Ian Townsend
24-04-2012, 02:40 AM
I just found that by typing the web address in manually I got to this: http://www.forumusic.co.uk/boney_votel.html

Look forward to reading it! You could post up direct links to the relevant pages Ian, for all those VG+ refugees

Cheers for your help Tom! I just woke up, uploaded pages one by one.. took all of ten minutes..... and I think it's all fixed now?
You may have to refresh your browser / click around a bit... but it's all there.

On my Ipad I just had to physically re-type www.forumusic.co.uk/index.html for the Home Page to refresh to the new May/ June update.

For those missing VG+ there's at least two friendly faces on the Home page. :)
You should find five new pages to while away ten minutes on.

90s Boot Boom Part 3 and
Phase 4 reviews

coming in May

Anyone thinking it's weird I rise at 3am, I have two words for you.
OFSTED Inspection.

Right. Off to prepare lessons for tomorrow. :)

auxillary_output
24-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Excellent stuff thanks.

moogaloo
24-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Nice stuff, made my lunchtime fun and funky and i have even bagged a Rastus Ravel 45 too :-)

LDJB
24-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Lovely update - great to see Boney getting the deserved props and can't wait to see what Sie pulls out of the hat for us ;)

Gingham Kitchen
24-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Lovely update - great to see Boney getting the deserved props and can't wait to see what Sie pulls out of the hat for us ;)

I hadn't realised Sie was a singer, so that's one revelation purely from the trailer! Fascinating lunch time read on Boney. There should be a statue of him erected in Preston, with a ton of top records as a plinth. Good man!

SieFly
24-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Sie isn't /wasn't a singer - think Mark Smth,Sean Ryder !!
Great updates and love the Boney piece - going back for seconds !

Gingham Kitchen
24-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Sie isn't /wasn't a singer - think Mark Smth,Sean Ryder !!

Both great front men, though.:)

Mr Munch
24-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Good to see the latest update but i have to take issue with this:

"forming the only Hip Hop crew in Stockport"

Me and my crew have been representing Stockport since 92, where's my props yo! (Ok my crew consists of me an my mate and the nearest we have ever got to releasing anything is our drunken ramblings during the CSC on VG+ but still.....:p)

Apart from that, a good read and i especially enjoyed the Heatwave story. Never heard of them before but ill be keeping my eye out in future..

Ian Townsend
24-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Good to see the latest update but i have to take issue with this:

"forming the only Hip Hop crew in Stockport"

Me and my crew have been representing Stockport since 92, where's my props yo! (Ok my crew consists of me an my mate and the nearest we have ever got to releasing anything is our drunken ramblings during the CSC on VG+ but still.....:p)

Apart from that, a good read and i especially enjoyed the Heatwave story. Never heard of them before but ill be keeping my eye out in future..

:p Excellent R*** :D

You and Boney have just put Stockport on the world Hip Hop map.

An interview to clarify the facts may well be necessary. :)

mr sayers
25-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Great updates, especially liked the Boney one, keep up the excellant work guys!;)

Carlos
25-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Great updates, especially liked the Boney one, keep up the excellant work guys!;)

Ditto.:D

Ian Townsend
25-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks guys... I'll post here at the weekend when I've fixed the rest of the sound clips on Boney's page and added some stuff to the Heatwave.

Ofsted over tomorrow... Thank God.

Ian Townsend
28-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Ofsted over tomorrow... Thank God.
Just a minor update. OFSTED over... Jesus Christ I got through this week on three hours sleep every bloody night. Lesson plans til 11pm... up at 2pm to check Powerpoints, flow, ensure questions for kids were levelled....what a f***ing ordeal it is. All worth it though. school has been rated 'Outstanding' :cool:

Luxuriating today in doing whatever the hell I want to do without worrying which means:

Heatwave artcle: Correcting, fresh pictures and soundclips that were missing and now sourced by Col
Boney Votel piece: Sorting out the missing soundclips (some real crackers!)

Will post up here when they're fresh.....:)

Oh. And does quoting myself indicate a descent into Wallace-dom? :D

Runswick
28-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Some very interesting reading in the update but I must confess I was looking forward to seeing the ten Phase 4s you'd selected!

I found a very interesting website this week with some Phase 4 type compilations but clicking on the Megaupload link for the James Bond compilation a rather colourful US Infringement / Violation message come up. I don't know if it's for Megaupload generally or just that site?

Mr Spocks Record site (http://spocksrecordround-up.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/more-themes-from-james-bond.html)

I know that Decca / London have reissued a lot of the Phase 4 lps in doubles on CD but that's only been recently. I think it's a shame when bloggers have taken the time and trouble to share music that wasn't available and have generated interest in it, only for the record companies to capitalise on that interest and punish the bloggers who raised the profile of the music in the first place.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ian Townsend
16-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Some very interesting reading in the update but I must confess I was looking forward to seeing the ten Phase 4s you'd selected!.

Keep 'em peeled R!

If all goes to plan the Phase 4 Ten we selected will be up for your perusal at the beginning of next week.

Also, if you have any that you want to review....feel free. We have articles coming up in the next few months from a variety of posters which we're very chuffed about.

Totally agree with you about the blogger thing. Decca really have pushed out a lot of the Phase 4s as budget double cds so I guess they've got heavy about free downloads now.

Runswick
20-05-2012, 07:41 PM
People download from blogs now. People used to record stuff off the radio.

I guess the difference may be that the latter would go on to source the original LP,CD etc...but the former are happy enough with their free MP3 and will not go on to fill the coffers of a record label any time soon.

Looking forward to the Phase 4 s.:)

Peter Sundae
28-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Just a minor update. OFSTED over... Jesus Christ I got through this week on three hours sleep every bloody night. Lesson plans til 11pm... up at 2pm to check Powerpoints, flow, ensure questions for kids were levelled....what a f***ing ordeal it is. All worth it though. school has been rated 'Outstanding' :cool:

Luxuriating today in doing whatever the hell I want to do without worrying which means:

Heatwave artcle: Correcting, fresh pictures and soundclips that were missing and now sourced by Col
Boney Votel piece: Sorting out the missing soundclips (some real crackers!)

Will post up here when they're fresh.....:)

Oh. And does quoting myself indicate a descent into Wallace-dom? :D

Your Wallace -dom is near completion as I have a prog chart for you, mind you that's if you still want it.
I've taken so long the idea of prog chart might have started to smell at the back of your pantry.....like a tin of prunes ready for the next harvest festival donation, I know as I type this tins don't smell or for that matter go off..... I'm changing the Prunes to chesse in the re write.

effi_deep
28-05-2012, 03:46 AM
I have a prog chart for you, mind you that's if you still want it.

grrrreat!

Ian Townsend
29-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Your Wallace -dom is near completion as I have a prog chart for you, mind you that's if you still want it.
YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Brilliant. I'm dahn Sarf on Saturday. Will pop in to see you at the shop. Get the kettle on!

:)

mr sayers
29-05-2012, 05:50 PM
YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

I look forward to this!:)

Peter Sundae
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
I've just pulled out 'Sounds of the summer night' by Mystic moods orchestra in honour of Ian's pending arrival. Listening to 'Theme from a summer place' as I type, lovely surreal medication time music ....looking out the corner of my eye half expecting Nurse Ratchett to come and dose me. Sorry, another of my fantasies nobody wishes to know shared online.

http://dysmindseye.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/nurse-ratched.jpg